Monday, August 7, 2017

A MOHAMMED ALI QUOTE I COULD AGREE WITH & A MOHAMMED ALI QUOTE I COULDN’T QUITE AGREE WITH!

- Duke Jeyaraj
Boxer Mohammed Ali once said, “I hated every minute of training. But I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion.” I agree with Mohammed Ali’s eloquent message here: tenacious training takes you to the top!

“Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams — they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do — they all contain truths.” That’s what champion Boxer, Mohammed Ali, who passed away on 3 June 2016, said in a live TV Program post the 9/11 Terror attacks. In other words, using his silver tongue, Mohammed Ali, effectively said that Jesus was just one of the many ways to heaven. Really?

Likewise, many folks prefer to give Jesus neither a negative name nor a positive name. They prefer to give him neutral names. They call him just a nice dude, a good man, a good teacher - like the many blokes we already have around.

Mary Magdalene saw the risen-again Jesus and mistook Him for a gardener (Jn 20:15). For many today, Jesus is just like a gardener. Just like there are many gardeners in the world, Jesus is yet another good guru – one more addition in a pantheon of gods!

The disciples wrongly identified Jesus for a ghost once (Mt 14:27). For many even today Jesus is a ghost. They are scared to come close to Him. They by their life attitude (if not by their actual words) tell Him, "Jesus do not come too close to me. You will not like the things I think about, the things I enjoy seeing and the things I secretly do!"

But Thomas worshipped Jesus as God (Jn 20:28).
Jesus, if you carefully read the Bible, did not give you the option of calling him merely as a good man. He is, as CS Lewis put it, "Liar, Lunatic or Lord!" He is (as I put it): "Deceiver, Dumbo or The Divine!" The choice is yours. If you call Jesus by a nice neutral sounding name, you are still calling him by a negative name because you are diplomatically negating his claims to be unique (John 14:6 - "I am the way, the truth and the Life!").

Jesus could not be a Deceiver. Even his worst enemies could not find a single sin in him. He was not a lunatic or a Dumbo. He acted normally. He screamed in pain as he was hammered to the Cross. He felt bad when one of close pals betrayed him. Jesus wasn't mad. He wasn't bad. He was God. The Only One. So, that leaves us with only one option: Jesus is what he claimed to be: the only way to Heaven, the only incarnate God in Flesh, the only Savior of the whole World!

What should you do right now if it was true that Jesus is really unique (as this article has pointed out)? Basically, two things. Let me elaborate: First, you need to LEAVE. That is you need to leave your life of sin. Jesus preached, "Unless you repent, you too will perish (in everlasting hell)!" (Luke 13:1-5). Second, you need to BELIEVE. You need to believe that Jesus, God in Human Flesh, died instead of you on the Cross, as the Bible says He did. "Yet to all those who received Him, to those who believed in His name He gave them the right to become the children of God," we read in the Bible (John 1:12). When you do that – believe in Jesus with all your heart and confess your sins to Him – the sinless spotless blood of Jesus will forgive you of every sin and give you a peace which the world cannot give you ever!

Why not then pray this prayer right away: "Dear Lord Jesus. I am sorry for my sins. Please forgive me. I am LEAVING my terrible sins and BELIEVING in you as my only Savior. Wash me with your blood and make me a new person completely. I will serve you with all my heart hereafter. So be it!"

Do not forget the following things: Get yourself a copy of the Bible and read it daily. Talk to the Lord Jesus daily in prayer. Join a fellowship where the Bible is taught. Share with as many people as possible about the Lord Jesus, through your life and lips.

(Duke Jeyaraj is the founder of Grabbing the Google Generation from Gehenna Mission, a ministry to presentday people supported by Indians blessed by his messages and articles. Find out more atwww.dukev.org or by liking www.facebook.com/googleduke).

No comments: